Monday, June 18, 2012

MMM: Meekay's Manicure Monday!

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Here in Colorado it was a scorcher! Admittedly, Saturday was WAY better than Sunday, and even better than today! Me and the man stayed home amongst air conditioned comfort.

It doesn't help that a good portion of Colorado is on fire. This morning smelled like I slept near a campfire, and woke me up with a start because I thought a field close by was on fire. All in all, not a beautiful, nor a nice day in Colorado today.

At least the butterflies were floating on a bed of bubbles...
Icky bubbles.





















I have my manicure that I currently sporting to share with you, however I discovered that I needed a new top coat since my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat that I bought when I first started doing my own manicures seems to bubble super bad when it dries, I have tried everything to not get it to bubble too! So much so, that it took me 4 hours to do my nails, waiting super long in between layers. I don't know about most people who do at home manicures, but that seems like an excessive amount of time... even when applying a normal dry top coat.


It's a Girl! \0/




For this week's manicure, I used Opi's It's A Girl in two layers, and then placed a fimo purple butterfly on my ring fingernails. :D I really enjoy these accents, and they are super easy as long as you cut them thin enough. I had my boyfriend cut them for me since he has a super steady hand and is good at cutting things.













Freshly painted nails, with purple butterfly accent.
You can order the fimo accent canes on Amazon, and I would suggest obtaining an Xacto knife to cut with. I will put up a tutorial on how to apply fimo nail accents soon!

I ordered some Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat from Amazon, which came today. This top coat is all the rage amongst friends and the nail bloggers I follow. I will put a review up later after my second manicure, to give everyone the full idea of why everyone loves it so much!










Back story:
I have been a nail biter all my life, until recently. I had acrylic nails for almost two years, and since acrylic nails are so hard to bite off, so I seem to have broke my habit that way.  Until now, I never really cared about painting my nails, so this is a new experience for me. So far, I love having my natural nails, and wouldn't think of biting them, besides, they are REALLY THICK!!

I hope you have enjoyed the first installment of MMM, look for more in the future, with better pictures!! :D

This post is my own, as are my opinions.



No comments:

Post a Comment